Tuesday 22 April 2014

Stick those Stickers!

One simple way to "kawaii-ify" your furniture is to attack it with cute little stickers! I did this to my old, boring brown desk and let me tell you; it's so much better for it! Sparkly fish and flowers, Minnie Mouses, Little Miss', Hello Kitty's and goodness knows what other characters have adorned my desk, jazzed it up and simply made it so much more me!


To do this to a piece of furniture follow these steps:
1) If you think you need permission to decorate your furniture in this way then ASK whoever you need permission from.
2) Clean that surface! The stickers will stick better and stay on longer if they're stuck to a clean, dry surface so get scrubbing!
3) Start sticking! You can stick the sticker wherever you wish but I recommend leaving a small gap between stickers and not layering them up; you want to avoid creating something that looks like it's been done randomly by a four-year-old whose been let loose with stickers! (HINT: Don't use 3D sponge stickers on a flat surface).
4) This sounds daft but make sure you stick the stickers on well so they don't peel off easily. Because I put these on the part of my desk which I lean on I covered the stickers with a layer of sticky back plastic but if you're sticker-ing the side of your wardrobe or somewhere similar then this is clearly not necessary!

If you've got no stickers then here's some of my favourite, affordable favourites:


And there you go :') one kawaii-ified piece of furniture!
Please comment below and let me know/post pictures of what you sticked with those stickers!

No comments:

Post a Comment