Sunday 13 April 2014

Why so Kawaii??

Konnichiwa is, according to Google, Japanese for hello. I think I sort of knew that actually but I thought I'd best Google it first, as I was pretty much guaranteed to spell it wrong.

So; Why so Kawaii? That's the name of this blog and surprise, surprise; it's all about anything and everything kawaii. In case you're wondering "what the heck is this 'kawaii'?" well, according to Wikipedia, it "is the quality of cuteness in the context of Japanese culture". So basically, it's Japanese for cute. Just like punk or goth, kawaii is a subculture; it's similar to a type of goth you may have heard of, pastel goth. Now, in case you're already fully aware of exactly what kawaii is I'm going to stop going on about it and, in case you don't, here's the Wikipedia link-go read!

Why am I creating this blog? Because practically every kawaii-themed website is Japanese or American and I think it's about time kawaii was brought to the UK. This blogs aim is to bring you everything you need to become totally kawaii. Fashion, makeup, hair, nails and generally anything that fits with the word "kawaii" will be here, all in one place, for you to read and take ideas from. So, if you like Hello Kitty, My Melody, Maqaroon, pastel colours, bows and generally anything cute subscribe/keep checking back here!

No comments:

Post a Comment